Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Done and Done



Sha sha bloggers,

Season is officially over. Am I sad? Yes. Devestated. We truly deserved to make it to the final considering our conditions throughout the season. Am I loving my free time? HECK YES! It feels weird to have time again. In the meantime I've started to tutor a 7 year old girl in English. Can she speak English? No! Can I speak Swedish....kinda-sorta? So yesterday was the first "official" day that we met. To be honest. I am so proud of myself. I actually withheld conversation with a 7 year old. There were times that I just did the 'head nod' and did an occasional "Ahhh...", but for the most part...I"M COMING ALONG! Call me small town, but it is totally awesome to actually learn and use a different language than my mother tongue.

Other new things in my uneventful life: I have started to walk to school. ****Giving you time to laugh...giving you time to laugh ******I promised myself that after season I would start walking to and from work. Considering people that are older and less active than me walk...I could probably get my lazy American booty out in the morning for a 15 minute walk. Wanna hear a funny story? The other day I got up and walked in the morning. 5:00 rolled around. 5:01 I called John to give me a ride home. HA! Once an American. Always an American.

It's late here. Keep driving your cars short distances and eating more than the serving size says to eat. Proud to be an American. God Bless ya.
Ms. Daly

No comments:

Post a Comment